We all know that businesses operate in an increasingly connected world. A world where we consume more data than ever before. Data that lives in the cloud, accessed from our mobile devices. But how many of us consider the networks we use. At the coffee shops or airports we visit. On the trains we travel in or in the public spaces where we rest? Most of us connect without questioning if everything is legitimate and secure!
Criminals and some State organisations want your personal and business data. Card details, passwords, bank data, proprietary company data such as quote and confidential documents. Every bit of information has value and they want it.
"15% of our 2,000 respondents use a VPN with public Wi-Fi" PC Magazine - Jan 2020
The problem with public WiFi is that you can't really be sure that your data is secure.
- It's easy for criminals to set up "honeypots". Wi-Fi hotspots broadcasting well-known brand names or using unassuming names like "Public Wi-Fi".
- Once connected then they can record all the data you send and receive.
- If you don't take precautions then others on the network can easily capture your data.
- And finally, public Wi-Fi puts you at risk of "session hijacking". This is where a hacker who has been monitoring you steals data and then uses it to impersonate you and potentially extract your login and password credentials.
This is where VPN's (Virtual Private Networks) save the day.
A VPN is one of the easiest and smartest ways to protect your online privacy and ensure your data security.
Simply put, a VPN creates a secure and encrypted "tunnel" from your device to a VPN service inside the internet. A good VPN routes your internet data securely through this tunnel and away from prying eyes. It also hides identity and location too and creates additional security protection that makes it difficult for criminals to act maliciously.
Anyone trying to steal your information will only see encrypted data; a digital stream that is unrecognisable and makes no sense to anyone.
However as with all things, not all VPN's are created equally.
The world leading multi-purpose VPN, NordVPN provides outstanding value. Great performance and superb features at a highly competitive price backed by best in class technical support.
- NordVPN is fast and reliable. Being based in Panama, NordVPN falls under the country’s jurisdiction and Panama has no data retention laws
- A strict no logs policy. We want to ensure user privacy and security, therefore we never log user activities
- Military-grade AES-256-CBC encryption and a variety of protocols to choose from: OpenVPN (UDP and TCP), PPTP, L2TP/IPSec, IKEv2/IPSec
- Risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee
- Unlimited bandwidth and data
- +5000 servers located in 62 countries (the server number is always growing)
- Fast speed servers that are also reliable and consistent
- Multiple ways to contact 24/7 customer support (live chat, email, ticket system)
- A CyberSec feature that blocks dangerous websites and lets users avoid annoying ads
- An automatic kill switch (can kill individual processes or kill whole internet connection)
- 6 simultaneous connections
- P2P friendly
- Works in countries (China, the Middle East countries) where internet access is restricted, and strong censorship is in place
- Double encryption to ensure top level privacy and security.
- NordVPN is compatible with Windows, Android, MacOS, iOS, Linux, Blackberry, Windows Phone, Raspberry PI, various routers, Smart TVs and more
- NordVPN offers encrypted proxy extensions for Chrome and Firefox browsers
- NordVPN Extensions are user friendly and very easy to use
- If you ever need assistance you can count on NordVPN's 24/7 live chat customer support
- NordVPN has a huge knowledge base full of useful info on setups and servers
To help your business operate reliably, securely and efficiently, Metro tests and validates NordVPN on all of the services we offer.
NordVPN provides an invaluable layer of protection that many companies are missing. Click here to purchase your NordVPN licences today and get immediate cover.
Metro Communications Ltd
160 City Road
0203 906 1400