Moving to the Cloud delivers a huge number of business benefits. Before you move it's a good idea to be clear about the reasons for moving to the cloud.
- To reduce IT operating costs
- To reduce capital expenditure
- To help the business expand into new markets
- To simplify your storage needs
- To support flexible working for your distributed workforce
- To pave the way for disaster recovery / business continuity solution
Getting there might not be straightforward. Get it wrong and you risk losing all of your data! Planning and preparation help the process to proceed smoothly.
Analysis of the solutions you currently use. What applications are you using? Anything bespoke in the software applications you use e.g. add-ins in excel, because some of these might not work in the cloud. Any compliance requirements? Any proprietary technology?
- Of the options you have, what does your target solution look like?
- What you are signing up to. What will the costs be? What changes will you need to make e.g. upgrade your office network and/or broadband connection.
- And finally, the details of the migration itself.
Regardless of what you want to migrate your choices are great.
Azure Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) typically refers to Content Delivery Networks, Storage, Virtualisation, Networking and Computing itself.
Azure Platform as a Service (PaaS) typically refers to Application Platform, Databases, Development tools and Integrations.
Software as a Service (SaaS) refers to solutions like Office 365, Dynamics 365, Orlo Social Media Manager and CPQ Solutions.
Metro can help you explore your journey to the Cloud. From formulating your strategy through to the actual process of migrating.
Metro Communications Ltd
160 City Road
0203 906 1400