Microsoft Direct Routing for Enterprises
Microsoft Teams and Direct Routing is transforming the way organisations work. Enterprises wishing to connect Teams to their own telephony and IT infrastructure can, by using Microsoft Teams Direct Routing.
- bridge existing on-premises PBX / unified communications, gateways and peripherals to Teams
- extends use of the SIP trunks and numbering schemes that are under your control
- extends the benefits of SIP trunk and calling plan contracts
- avoids "per user" based calling plan charging
- add new solutions in support of business objectives e.g. voice verification technology
- legacy platform inter-working addresses functional gaps between Teams and your existing UC/PBX
- A solution for organisations with more than 300 staff
Setting Direct Routing up is non-trivial. The starting point for the simplest "Teams Direct Routing" deployment model is to configure a Session Border Controller (SBC) sourced from a Microsoft certified partner. To connect the SBC to SIP trunks from your telecommunications provider(s) and then connect the SBC to Office 365 and the Microsoft Teams Phone System. And finally, if you have any network peripherals, to connect them too.
![A diagram of the conceptual Teams "Direct Routing" technical architecture](/assets/Metro Teams Direct Routing Architecture.jpg "Outline technical architecture for Teams Direct Routing")
There's a lot of Telecomms and IT configuration work to be done there, notably inside the SBC and the Microsoft Office 365 Tenant.
Building and maintaining this capability is non-trivial. Working with Metro you'll have professional support and guidance from day 1 and support will be on hand should anything go wrong.
How to start
We'll start with an exploratory discussion to explore your current situation and identify want to achieve. We'll then propose a technical consultancy engagement to fully capture the details and scope how to move from your existing infrastructure to your target solution. The deliverables will be a detailed design together with an outline project plan.
Once the design is complete then we will be happy to provided a detailed quote to cover the entire Direct Routing infrastructure. From Session Border Control configuration and SIP trunk and intelligent peripheral inter-working testing through to configuring your Office 365 instance:
- Hardware, software & cloud services
- Telecommunications & IT
- Technical integration tests
- Project Management
- Post installation support services including 24 x 365
We'll then deliver the solution and provide full support to you covering all or parts of the solution.
To explore how Metro can help you unlock and leverage the benefits of Microsoft Teams Direct Routing contact Metro.
Metro Communications Ltd
160 City Road
0203 906 1400